Research Study Recruitment
Accessibility Facilitators and Barriers Affecting Independent Wheelchair Transfers in the Community
You may be eligible to participate if:
- You are 18 years of age or older
- You use a wheelchair (manual or power) or scooter as your primary means of mobility
- You can perform independent transfers to/from your mobility device
- You are a primary caregiver for someone under 18 years of age who:
- uses a wheelchair (manual or power) or scooter as theirprimary means of mobility
- can perform independent transfers to/from their mobility device
The purpose of this research study is to ...
Determine what areas of the community are not meeting the accessibility needs of wheeled mobility device users when performing independent transfers within the community. Additionally, we are interested in determining if there are any environmental features that help or hinder transferring in community settings. Results will be shared with the United States Access Board.
If you decide to participate, you will be asked to ...
Complete an online questionnaire which will take approximately 30 minutes
If you are interested in participating you can find the survey at:
There is no compensation for completing the survey
Principal Investigator: Alicia Koontz, PhD
If you have questions about the study, please contact our Clinical Coordinator Stacy Eckstein at (412) 822-3700.
Human Engineering Research Laboratories Bakery Square, 6425 Penn Avenue, Suite 400 Pittsburgh, PA 15206 ~ 412-822-3700