Research Study Recruitment
RESEARCH VOLUNTEERS WANTED
We are recruiting volunteers to participate in a research study that examines the capacity of the Power Mobility Screening Tool and the Power Mobility Clinical Driving Assessment tool to evaluate driving performance.
You may be eligible to participate if you:
- Are older than 18 years.
- Have a disability that prevents you from effectively and independently using a manual or power assist wheelchair or scooter.
- Can communicate in English and give written informed consent.
You are not eligible if you:
- Have any active pelvic or thigh wounds.
- Exceed 300 pounds.
- Require specialized seating in the test wheelchair.
Involvement in this study will include:
- Completing questionnaires about yourself and your assitive technology use.
- Undergoing a power wheelchair driving evaluation.
- Monitoring your brain activity using non-invasive sensors on your scalp.
Each session will last approximately three hours at VA’s Human Engineering Research Laboratories (Bakery Square | 6425 Penn Avenue, Suite 400 | Pittsburgh, PA 15206).
Individuals will receive $75 for participating in this study.
Principal Investigator: Dr. Brad E. Dicianno
Call 412-822-3671 to learn more or volunteer to participate.
Call 412-360-2394 to validate this study.