Research Study Recruitment
VOLUNTEERS WANTED FOR AN ERGONOMIC COMPARISON OF WHEELCHAIRS
We are recruiting volunteers to participate in a research study that investigates how patient transport wheelchair design impacts caregivers.
You may be eligible to participate if you:
- Are 18 years of age or older.
- Have at least two years of experience with patient transport.
- Do not have any back pain or injury that would be aggrevated by pushing a wheelchair.
Involvement in this study will include:
- Completing questionnaires.
- Performing common mobility tasks with three patient transport wheelchairs.
- Providing design feedback about the chairs.
Volunteers will attend one session that will last approximately four hours at VA’s Human Engineering Research Laboratories (Bakery Square | 6425 Penn Avenue, Suite 400 | Pittsburgh, PA 15206). Participants will receive $100 after completing all study procedures.
Principal Investigator: Alicia Koontz, PhD, RET
Call 412-822-3700 to learn more or volunteer to participate.
Call 412-360-2394 to validate this study.